Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Tips for abroad travelers

Tips for Traveling US

Here are some quick tips to makeyour travel easier and safer:

Sign up for the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program so the State     Department can better assist you in an emergency: Let us     know your travel plans through the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, a     free online service at This will     help us contact you if there is a family emergency in the U.S., or     if there is a crisis where you are traveling. In accordance with the     Privacy Act, information on your welfare and whereabouts will not be     released to others without your express authorization.

Sign passport, and fill in the emergency information: Make     sure you have a signed, valid passport, and a visa, if required, and fill     in the emergency information page of your passport.

Leave copies of itinerary and passport data page: Leave     copies of your itinerary, passport data page and visas with family or     friends, so you can be contacted in case of an emergency.

Check your overseas medical insurance coverage: Ask     your medical insurance company if your policy applies overseas, and if it     covers emergency expenses such as medical evacuation. If it does not,     consider supplemental insurance.

Familiarize yourself with local conditions and laws: While     in a foreign country, you are subject to its laws. The State Department     web site at has     useful safety and other information about the countries you will visit.

Take precautions to avoid being a target of crime: To     avoid being a target of crime, do not wear conspicuous clothing or jewelry     and do not carry excessive amounts of money. Also, do not leave unattended     luggage in public areas and do not accept packages from strangers.

Contact us in an emergency: Consular     personnel at U.S. Embassies and Consulates abroad and in the U.S. are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a     week, to provide emergency assistance to U.S. citizens. Contact     information for U.S. Embassies and Consulates appears on the Bureau of     Consular Affairs website at Also note that the     Office of Overseas Citizen Services in the State Department’s Bureau     of Consular Affairs may be reached for assistance with emergencies at     1-888-407-4747, if calling from the U.S.     or Canada,     or 202-501-4444, if calling from overseas.

Want to know more about rome colosseum click here

1 comment:

  1. This is what travelers should keep in mind. Thanks for the good information you've shared here. Keep on posting!
    Ann | Philippines Weather